Europe Regions MIRAI Program
October 29, 2018
- MIRAI Program・2018 1st Group (Western Balkans) (October 29, 2018)
- MIRAI Program・2017 3rd Group (Young Professionals Invitation) Courtesy Call to Mr. Manabu Horii, Parliamentary Vice-Minister for Foreign Affairs (March 16, 2018)
- MIRAI Program・2017 3rd Group (Young Professionals Invitation) (March 7, 2018)
- MIRAI Program・2017 2nd Group (December Invitation) Courtesy Call (December 14, 2017)
- MIRAI Program・2017 2nd Group (December Invitation) (December 1, 2017)
- MIRAI Program・2017 1st Group (October Invitaion) Courtesy Call (October 10, 2017)
- MIRAI Program 2017 (October 4, 2017)
1. Program Overview
This program is entitled as the "MIRAI Program" with the Japanese word MIRAI (pronounce like / "me-rye") which means "Future". MOFA hopes that the program would offer a great opportunity
(1) To promote mutual-understandings
(2) To enhance intellectual discussions
(3) To build strong networks among future leaders of Japan and the world.
Thereby the program would foster the solid foundation of the relationship between Japan and countries in the regions in the future.
Participants: University students and graduate students
Duration: Approximately 10 days
(1) Attending lectures about Japanese 1) politics, 2) economy and 3) society from lecturers who actually have classes in several prestigious universities in Tokyo and discussions with Japanese students at one of the most prestigious universities in Japan.
(2) Visiting educational sites and institutions, high-tech and traditional industries and cultural succession sites; and having discussions with experts.
(3) Visiting to local areas which offers a courtesy visit to the local government, guided tour of the local featured industry, traditional culture experience and exchange with local people