Europe Regions "MIRAI"
1. Program Overview
This program is entitled as the "MIRAI" with the Japanese word MIRAI (pronounce like / "me-rye") which means "Future". MOFA hopes that the program would offer a great opportunity
(1) To promote mutual-understandings
(2) To enhance intellectual discussions
(3) To build strong networks among future leaders of Japan and the world.
Thereby the program would foster the solid foundation of the relationship between Japan and countries in the regions in the future.
Participants: University students, graduate students and young professionals
Duration: Approximately 10 days (including online pre-exchange program)
(1) Attending lectures about Japanese economy, society, history, diverse culture, politics, and diplomatic relations from lecturers who actually have classes in several prestigious universities in Tokyo and discussions with Japanese students at one of the most prestigious universities in Japan.
(2) Visiting educational sites and institutions, high-tech and traditional industries and cultural succession sites; and having discussions with experts.
(3) Visiting to local areas which offers a courtesy visit to the local government, guided tour of the local featured industry, traditional culture experience and exchange with local people
- MIRAI・2019 5th Group (Science and Technology) (March 5, 2020)
- MIRAI・2019 4th Group (Central Asia and Caucasus Region) (January 20, 2020)
- MIRAI・2019 3rd Group (Economics and Business) (December 9, 2019)
- MIRAI・2019 2nd Group : Politics and National Security (November 25, 2019)
- MIRAI・2019 1st Group (Peacebuilding) (November 11, 2019)
- MIRAI Program・2018 5th Group (Science, Technology) (January 21, 2019)
- MIRAI Program・2018 4th Group (Central Asia and Caucasus) (January 15, 2019)
- MIRAI Program・2018 3rd Group (Economics, Business) (December 3, 2018)
- MIRAI Program・2018 2nd Group (Politics, National Security) (November 5, 2018)
- MIRAI Program・2018 1st Group (Western Balkans) (October 29, 2018)
- MIRAI Program・2017 3rd Group (Young Professionals Invitation) Courtesy Call to Mr. Manabu Horii, Parliamentary Vice-Minister for Foreign Affairs (March 16, 2018)
- MIRAI Program・2017 3rd Group (Young Professionals Invitation) (March 7, 2018)
- MIRAI Program・2017 2nd Group (December Invitation) Courtesy Call (December 14, 2017)
- MIRAI Program・2017 2nd Group (December Invitation) (December 1, 2017)
- MIRAI Program・2017 1st Group (October Invitaion) Courtesy Call (October 10, 2017)
- MIRAI Program 2017 (October 4, 2017)