Consular Services


Information for foreign nationals about visas, including the application procedures and other related FAQs.


Information on certification services at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, such as an Authentication (of official seals) / Apostille for public documents.

Information about Japan

Find links to a number of official websites that can provide you with various information about Japan.

The Hague Convention (Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction)

Information on the Hague Convention, concerning the application procedure of assistance in visitation or contacts with children in any Contracting State, and assistance in children's return to the Contracting State of their habitual residence.

Serving judicial documents and taking evidence in Japan

Information for Foreign Courts to request Japan to serve judicial documents and take evidence.

Residing in Japan

Information for a status of residence "Specified Skilled Worker".