The Eighth Tokyo International Conference on African Development (TICAD8)
TICAD stands for Tokyo International Conference on African Development. The Government of Japan has been leading this conference since 1993, co-hosted by United Nations, United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), World Bank and African Union Commission (AUC).
In July 2020, the Government of Japan announced that TICAD8 to be held in 2022 would be hosted by the Republic of Tunisia. TICAD will take place in Africa for the second time after Kenya hosted one in 2016. In light of the outcomes of TICAD7 held in Yokohama in August 2019, Japan will continue to strongly support African-led development toward TICAD8.
- Dates of the 8th Tokyo International Conference on African Development (TICAD8) (February 8, 2022)
- The Eighth Tokyo International Conference on African Development (TICAD8) to be held in Tunisia (July 16, 2020)
- Launch of the follow-up website of the Yokohama Plan of Actions 2019 (May 18, 2021)
- Joint Monitoring Committee of the TICAD Process (July 19, 2021)
- Fight against COVID-19: Towards TICAD8 (Summary) (English (PDF) ) (French (PDF) )
- Fight against COVID-19: Towards TICAD8 (Full version) (PDF)
Japan Business Council for Africa（JBCA）
Africa Related Topics
- The ABE Initiative - Pilots of African Business (English (PDF) / French (PDF) )
- Japan-Africa Relations
- Small good stories and episodes - Short stories delivered from Japanese Embassies in Africa that make you feel familiar with Africa