Women’s Empowerment and Gender Equality
Toward a society in which all women shine
As Prime Minister Shinzo Abe clearly stated in his address at the Sixty-Eighth Session of the General Assembly of the United Nations on 26 September, 2013, the Government of Japan will cultivate the power of women as the greatest potential for the growth of the Japanese economy, and further strengthen cooperation with the international community as well as assistance to developing countries with the belief that creating "a society in which women shine" will bring vigor to the world.
The “Power of Women” has the greatest potential in Japanese society, which is not yet fully mobilized. It is essential for a vibrant and growing society to create an environment where women can demonstrate their power to the fullest extent.
At the United Nation’s General Assembly, Prime Minister Abe emphasized Japan’s intention to enhance cooperation with the international community and its assistance to developing countries for women’s empowerment and gender-equality, as part of its effort to address global agenda.
Toward a “society in which all women shine” Japan will strongly promote assistance to developing countries through its close cooperation with civil societies including NGOs and business circles.
- Parliamentary Vice-Minister for Foreign Affairs Uesugi's attendance at the UN Women Donor Roundtable and the G7 Care Work Conference (April 11, 2022)
- State Minister for Foreign Affairs Mr. UTO Takashi’s video message at the side event co-hosted with the Global Survivors Fund (October 4, 2021)
- State Minister for Foreign Affairs H.E. Mr. UTO’s video message at a Ministerial Meeting hosted by the Government of Mexico for the Formal Establishment of the Group of Friends for Gender Equality on the occasion of Generation Equality Forum in Mexico City (April 7, 2021)
- Video message by State Foreign Minister UTO at the International Conference on Women, Peace and Security in Vietnam(December 14, 2020)
- Video message by State Foreign Minister UTO at the virtual Ministerial Roundtable held jointly by UN Women and the Government of Denmark(December 14, 2020)