President of the French Republic, and Mrs. Macron to Visit Japan
1. H.E. Mr. Emmanuel Macron, President of the French Republic, and his spouse, Mrs. Brigitte Macron, will pay an Official Visit to Japan from 26 June to 27 June.
2. During their stay in Japan, the President and Mrs. Macron will make a State Call on His Majesty the Emperor of Japan, and His Majesty the Emperor will host a Court Luncheon in honour of the President and Mrs. Macron. Her Majesty the Empress will attend these events if condition of Her Majesty permits.
Mr. Shinzo Abe, Prime Minister of Japan will hold a summit meeting with the President. Prime Minister and Mrs. Abe will host a dinner for the President and his spouse.
3. President Macron will attend the G20 Osaka Summit which will be held on 28th and 29th June in Osaka City, Osaka Prefecture.
4. The Government of Japan sincerely welcomes the visit of the President and Mrs. Macron, and hopes that this visit will further strengthen the friendly relations between Japan and the French Republic.
(1) This will be H.E. Mr. Macron’s first visit to Japan as the President of the French Republic (The President visited Japan in 2014 and 2015 as the Minister of the Economy, Industry and Digital Affairs).
(2) In the past, the President and Prime Minister Abe have held 6 summit meetings including the occasion of the visits of Prime Minister Abe to France in October 2018 and in April 2019.