Japan-EU Development Cooperation
Both Japan and the EU are major donors and are engaging to address various international development challenges.
In the "Joint Press Statement" issued on the occasion of the 18th Japan-EU Summit in May 2009, Japan and the EU decided to hold an annual Development Policy Dialogue as key players in the development field, and the First Japan-EU Development Policy Dialogue was held in April 2010.
Japan and the EU have continued the Dialogue, as well as cooperate, including in co-hosting events.
Japan and the EU seek further dialogue and collaboration in the field of global development policy.
- The Seventh Japan- EU High-level Policy Dialogue on Development Cooperation (February 8, 2021)
- UN General Assembly High-Level Side Event:"Promoting Quality Infrastructure Investment" (September 19, 2017)
- Fourth Japan- EU High-level Policy Dialogue for Development Cooperation (July 27, 2015)
- The third Japan-EU Development Policy Dialogue Takes Place in Brussels (July 3, 2014)
- The third Japan-EU Development Policy Dialogue (June 26, 2014)
- The first Japan-EU Development Policy Dialogue Statement (April 14, 2010) [PDF]