GoJ: Considering providing support for the NEPAD-OECD Africa Investment Initiative (*) and promote African efforts in investment policy reform
- Yokohama Action Plan
- Provide assistance to improve investment climate including the legal and regulatory frameworks in African countries.
Support the establishment of an information and consultation platform on the business climate for private companies intending to enter into African markets.
- Proposed Measures by Japan/Implementing Partners
- ● Support improvements in legal system and investment climate
(i) Establish or promote an information and consultation platform on the business climate in Africa,
(ii) Contribute to achieve self-reliance development of competitive local industries and improve economic and corporate governance
- Potential Resources, Possible Contributions
- GoJ: Considering providing support for the NEPAD-OECD Africa Investment Initiative (*) and promote African efforts in investment policy reform, using multilaterally-endorsed instruments such as the OECD Policy Framework for Investment
- Related Links
- GoJ/JETRO: Regularly offer information on the business climate of Africa
for Japanese private companies
GoJ/JBIC/UNCTAD: Provide policy recommendations
WBG: Scale up support to presidential investor councils in African countries, expand Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) programs, promote Asia-Africa technical assistance and learning on role of FDI in fostering African enterprises
(*)GoJ provided € 600 thousand for the NEPAD-OECD Africa Investment Initiative FY 2005-2007
Current Status of Implementation 2009
- GoJ contributed 100 thousands Euros for NEPAD-OECD Africa Investment Initiative and actively participated in the 2009 Annual Ministerial Meeting and Expert Roundtable held in Johannesburg in November 2009 as one of cochairs.
- More information
Current Status of Implementation 2008
- GoJ contributed 200 thousands Euros for NEPAD-OECD African Investment Initiative and supported the extension of the Initiative for three more years from 2009-2011.
- More information
Back to Index