GoJ/JBIC/UNCTAD: Provide policy recommendations
- Yokohama Action Plan
- Provide assistance to improve investment climate including the legal and regulatory frameworks in African countries.
Support the establishment of an information and consultation platform on the business climate for private companies intending to enter into African markets.
- Proposed Measures by Japan/Implementing Partners
- ● Support improvements in legal system and investment climate
(i) Establish or promote an information and consultation platform on the business climate in Africa,
(ii) Contribute to achieve self-reliance development of competitive local industries and improve economic and corporate governance
- Potential Resources, Possible Contributions
- GoJ/JBIC/UNCTAD: Provide policy recommendations to African countries over the next 5 years
- Related Links
- GoJ/JETRO: Regularly offer information on Africa’s the business climate to Japanese private companies
GoJ: Considering providing support for the NEPAD-OECD Africa Investment Initiative (*) and promote African efforts in investment policy reform
WBG: Scale up support to presidential investor councils in African countries, expand Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) programs, promote Asia-Africa technical assistance and learning on role of FDI in fostering African enterprises
Current Status of Implementation 2009
- JBIC and UNCTAD jointly prepared the "Blue Book" (policy action proposal) for Nigeria with such aim as to encourage direct investment by Japanese firms. They contained action plans that were considered effective, realistic and implementable over a short period.
- More information
Back to Index