Visit to Japan of H.E. Sheikh Hasina, Prime Minister of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh
May 27, 2019
1. H.E. Sheikh Hasina, Prime Minister of the People's Republic of Bangladesh will pay a visit to Japan from May 28 to 31, 2019.
2. During her stay in Japan, Mr. Shinzo Abe, Prime Minister of Japan, will hold a meeting and host a dinner in her honor.
3. The Government of Japan sincerely welcomes the visit of the Prime Minister, and hopes the visit will further strengthen the friendly relations between Japan and Bangladesh.
(1) This will be H.E. Sheikh Hasina’s fifth visit to Japan as the Prime Minister.
(2) In the past, Prime Minister Abe and Prime Minister Hasina held a meeting on six occasions: Prime Minister Hasina’s visit to Japan in May 2014, Prime Minister Abe’s visit to Bangladesh in September 2014, the 60th Asian-African Conference Commemoration in April 2015, the UN General Assembly in September 2015, the G7 Ise-Shima Summit in May 2016 and the 11th Asia-Europe Meeting in July 2016.