President of the Republic of the Philippines to Visit Japan
1. His Excellency Mr. Rodrigo R. Duterte, President of the Republic of the Philippines will pay a visit to Japan from Sunday, October 29 to Tuesday, October 31, 2017.
2. During his stay in Japan, Mr. Shinzo Abe, Prime Minister of Japan will hold a summit meeting with President Duterte.
3. The Government of Japan hopes the visit will be a good opportunity to discuss regional and global issues with President Duterte prior to the ASEAN-related Summit Meetings in November.
(1) Following the first visit in October 2016. this will be His Excellency Mr. Rodrigo R. Duterte’s second visit to Japan as President.
(2) President Duterte and Prime Minister Abe have had meeting three times before.