Prime Minister of the United Kingdom to Visit Japan
1. Rt Hon Theresa May MP, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom will pay an Official Visit to Japan from Wednesday, August 30 to Friday, September 1, 2017.
2. During her stay in Japan, Prime Minister May will be received in audience by His Majesty the Emperor of Japan. Mr. Shinzo Abe, Prime Minister of Japan, will hold a meeting with Prime Minister May and host a dinner in her honor.
3. The Government of Japan sincerely welcomes the visit of Prime Minister May, and hopes the visit will further strengthen the friendly relations between Japan and the United Kingdom.
(1) This will be Ms. May’s first visit to Japan as Prime Minister.
(2) In the past, Prime Minister Abe and Prime Minister May held a meeting on three occasions: the UN General Assembly in New York in September 2016, Prime Minister Abe’s visit to the United Kingdom in April 2017, and the G20 Hamburg Summit in July 2017.