Women's Empowerment and Gender Equality
WAW!2022 Registration for official side events for "WAW! Weeks"
The Government of Japan will host "WAW!2022” in December 3, 2022. Having many leading figures from all over the world in the Assembly, we expect to have lively discussions on the significance of women’s economic, political and social participation and how to achieve it. On this occasion, we invite events (any form) which suite the objectives of WAW!2022 to be registered as official side events.
1. Official side events
The official side events should promote movements for gender equality and women’s empowerment and be held during the "WAW! Weeks" (October 3, 2022 to February 5, 2023).
2. Certification criteria
- (1) In principle, events have to be implemented from October 3, 2022 to February 5, 2023, and promote movements for gender equality and women's empowerment.
- (2) The events must be implemented by an organization with a clear history and names of its members, such as local governments, various educational institutions, civic groups, and private companies, etc.
- (3) The contents and purposes of the events must be clear, and its realization must be highly probable.
- (4) The host organization must assume full responsibility for all costs associated with the implementation of the events. (It is acceptable to receive subsidies from government agencies, the Japan Foundation, private foundations, etc.)
- (5) The following events are not eligible for certification of side events and permission to use the logo
- (a) An event offensive to public order or public morality, etc.
- (b) An event for profit-making purposes or an event not pursued in the public interest, etc.
- (c) An event that is applied for by individuals, or that is highly political or religious.
- (d) An event that may promote the interests of a specific organization, etc.
- (e) An event to be hosted by an organization of dubious competence in project management, etc.
- (f) Any other events found to be unsuitable for the purpose of WAW! and WAW! weeks.
3. How to register
- (1) Official side events would be in any form of gender-related events such as symposiums, seminars, movies, performances, etc. Even if your event is not held during the period of WAW! weeks, we may still consider it as an official side event for WAW! weeks. So, please contact us. We welcome events that are not exclusively for either women or men.
- (2) Please submit the following documents to the application address below between August 19, 2022 and January 5, 2023.
- (a) The registration form (Excel)
- (b) The commitment form (Word)
- (c) Budget for the event (Excel)
- (d) Documents outlining the event (e.g. details of the event, the project proposal, programs, application guidelines, etc)
- [Note1] For events that have already been approved for funding or sponsorship by other government agencies or the Japan Foundation, please submit a copy of the approval, an application for participation, and other relevant materials that give an outline of the events.
- [Note 2] Please publicize the details of the event on your website, SNS, etc. during or after the event.
- (3) Once your event is approved as the official side event, the official WAW!2022 logo (at the top of the page) will be provided to use for your registered event.
- (4) Your event will be posted on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and on the related SNS. Please be kindly noted that the content of the event publicized on your website or SNS may also be posted on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan and related SNSs.
- (5) If you have any questions regarding the content of the event, please contact us.
4. Points to note
- (1) Points to note when submitting an application
- a. Submitted application documents will not be returned.
- b. If the materials submitted at the time of application are insufficient, a request may be made for the provision of additional materials.
- c. If an application is submitted less than three weeks before the event is to be held, or if the application documents are significantly incomplete, the screening may be denied.
- d. Inquiries regarding the screening process, etc. will not be answered.
- (2) Points to note during preparation and implementation of the event
- a. Even if an event is certified as an official side event, all responsibility for the implementation of the event rests with the organizer. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan will not assume any responsibility as a result of the accreditation of the event.
- b. If the event is cancelled, or if the content of the event is changed from that at the time of application, please inform the Ministry of Foreign Affairs immediately.
- c. If any of the following (I) through (III) applies, the accreditation may be withdrawn.
- (I) If the event has changed from the contents at the time of application, but is not promptly reported to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- (II) If details of the event that are not included in the application documents are later revealed, or if the event has changed from the details at the time of application and falls under any of the categories in 2-(5).
- (III) When the aspect ratio, color, or design of the official logo is changed and when the official logo is used for a purpose other than the approved event.