40th Year of ASEAN-Japan Friendship and Cooperation
Guideline to Apply for Endorsement of Events
The ASEAN Secretariat and Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan invite events showcasing exchange between ASEAN Member States and Japan. Organizers of endorsed events will be entitled to use the official logo and catchphrase of 40th Year of ASEAN-Japan Friendship and Cooperation. Information on endorsed events will be listed in the official event calendar of the 40th Year of ASEAN-Japan Friendship and Cooperation.
Eligibility for endorsement
- The event should take place between January and December 2013 in Japan or in ASEAN Member States.
- The event should aim to promote bilateral or multilateral exchanges in various fields (youth exchange, arts, education, sports, tourism, economics, politics, etc.), encourage mutual understanding and strengthen friendship between ASEAN Member States and Japan.
- The content and objective of the event should be clear and practically feasible.
- The objective of the event should not be to advocate any particular principle, ideology or religion, any political activity or election campaign and must not violate public order or standards of decency.
- Financial costs of the events should be fully borne by the organizer.
- The organizer of the event should submit the application form.
Privileges of endorsed events
- The organizers of endorsed events are entitled to use the title of the 40th Year of ASEAN-Japan Friendship and Cooperation, the official logo and catchphrase in publicity materials (i.e. posters, pamphlets, website, signboards, banners, etc).
- Endorsed events will be listed on the official calendar of the 40th Year of ASEAN-Japan Friendship and Cooperation in ASEAN Website and Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan's Website.
How to apply?
1. Necessary documents
2. Where to submit the application form
A Japanese Organization based in Japan
Regional Policy Division, Asia and Oceanian Affairs Bureau
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
2-2-1 Kasumigaseki, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-8919
Tel : 03-5501-8252
A Japanese Organization based in ASEAN Member States
Embassy of Japan in each ASEAN Member States
An ASEAN Countries' Organization based in ASEAN Member States and in Japan
ASEAN Secretariat (To be announced)
- Submission of application form [PDF] [WORD] via email, fax or post.
- Screening of application.
- Results to be sent to the organizer. Endorsed events will be provided with the logo and catchphrase along with the guideline for the use of logo.
- Endorsed events will be listed on the official event calendar.
- Application forms will not be returned. Applications should be submitted in advance with note that screening process will require at least two weeks minimum.
- Any inquiries regarding the screening process will not be responded.
- Organizers of endorsed events will bear the entire responsibility for the implementation including financial costs and public advertisement. Ministry of Foreign Affair of Japan and ASEAN secretariat will bear no responsibility for any consequences related to the event.
- In any case should the event be cancelled or a substantive change be made, the organizers should promptly inform the relevant circumstances to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan or the ASEAN Secretariat.
- In any case should the event be cancelled or the substantive change does not comply with the criteria for endorsement, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan or ASEAN Secretariat may cancel the endorsement.
- Organizers of events must not use the logo and catchphrase in other events hosted by the organizer without appropriate authorization.
- Organizers are required to submit a summary of the event conducted to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan or the ASEAN Secretariat. Contents of the report may be referred in the website of the 40th Year of ASEAN-Japan Friendship and Cooperation.
Back to Index