GoJ: Support by "Cool Earth Partnership" and "Hatoyama Initiative" (*)
- Yokohama Action Plan
- Promote the formulation of projects and awareness-raising campaigns for further implementation of the Clean Development Mechanism (CDM), and support the institutional and capacity development of Designated National Agencies in each country.
- Proposed Measures by Japan/Implementing Partners
- ● Support investments in sustainable land and forest management and identification of emission reductions and carbon finance opportunities from REDD(Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Forest Degradation in Developing Countries)
- Potential Resources, Possible Contributions
- GoJ: Support by "Cool Earth Partnership" and "Hatoyama Initiative" (*)
- Related Links
- WB: Help access to FCPF and CIF
(*)“Cool Earth Partnership” is composed of a total of ＄10 billion to be disbursed globally over five years starting from 2008. “Hatoyama Initiative” is composed of a total of US$ 15B approximately including public and private finance for 3 years up to 2012 to assist developing countries taking measures of mitigation, as well as those vulnerable to the negative impacts of climate change.
Current Status of Implementation 2009
- （i）Exchange Note for Grant Assistance in FY2009 (Total: 5 projects, 5 countries; Etiopia, Gabon, Cameroon, Ghana, Kenya, JPY 5B)
(ii)Projects of Technical Assistance started in FY2009 (Total: 2 projects, 2 countries; Burkina Faso, Gabon)
- More information
Back to Index