Africa-Asia University Dialogue for Basic Education Development Project
- Yokohama Action Plan
- Strengthen partnership among universities, colleges and research institutes through joint researches and the exchange of researchers and students to expand research and knowledge accumulation in science and technology.
- Proposed Measures by Japan/Implementing Partners
- ● Strengthen partnership among universities, colleges and research institutions through joint researchers and the exchange of researchers and information/knowledge sharing
- Potential Resources, Possible Contributions
- UNESCO/JICA/UNU/Hiroshima University: Africa-Asia University Dialogue for Basic Education Development Project to promote research and reflection through dialogues and collaboration between universities in 12 African and 6 Asian countries
- Related Links
Current Status of Implementation 2009
- 12 African countries (Burkina Faso/Ethiopia/Ghana/Kenya/Madagascar/Malawi/Niger/Nigeria/South Africa/Tanzania/Uganda/Zambia)
- （i）The agreement for the creation of the Network has been drafted, and forwarded to Hiroshima University, for information and comments, if any. The official launching is previewed for the immediate.
(ii) The main goal of the activity is to promote a self-reliant approach to educational development by organizing opportunities for research, faculty and student exchanges, and other collaborative activities through dialogue and collaboration among African and Asian universities, research centers, and other relevant institutions to develop the capacities of participating institutions to contribute to educational development in their respective countries.
- More information
Current Status of Implementation 2008
- 12 African countries (Burkina Faso/Ethiopia/Ghana/Kenya/Madagascar/Malawi/Niger/Nigeria/South Africa/Tanzania/Uganda/Zambia) and 6 Asian countries (India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Thailand and Vietnam)
- (i) The project was in transformation into a UNITWIN Network. During the course of 2008 consultations were carried out between Hiroshima University and the Partner Institutions and (ii) the launching of the Network was previewed in the first quarter of 2009.
- More information
Back to Index