State Visit of President Trump to Japan
April 19, 2019
1. The Honorable Donald John Trump, President of the United States of America and The First Lady, Mrs. Melania Trump, will pay a State Visit to Japan from May 25 to 28, 2019 as the first State Guests after the enthronement of His Majesty the Emperor on 1st May 2019.
2. During their stay in Japan, the President and the First Lady will make a State Call on Their Majesties the Emperor and Empress of Japan. Their Majesties the Emperor and Empress will host a State Banquet in honor of the President and the First Lady. Mr. Shinzo Abe, Prime Minister of Japan, will hold a meeting with President Trump.
3. President Trump’s visit will be an ideal opportunity for the two countries to advance Japan- U.S. relation furthermore. The Government of Japan sincerely welcomes the visit of the President and the First Lady.
(1) This will be President Trump’s second visit to Japan as the President. The President payed an Official Visit in November 2017.
(2) In the past, President Trump and Prime Minister Abe have held 38 summit talks (including telephone talks), since President Trump’s inauguration.