Convening the 16th ODA Evaluation Workshop
January 28, 2019
1. During January 29 and 30, 2019, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan and the Thailand International Cooperation Agency, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Kingdom of Thailand will jointly hold the 16th ODA Evaluation Workshop in Bangkok.
2. The participants of this Workshop, which started its 1st gathering in 2001, are government officials or experts in the international development or evaluation field from Asia and Pacific countries and international organizations.
. The Co-Chairs of this Workshop are Mr. Naonobu Minato, Executive Director, the Japan Evaluation Society/Former Vice President of the Asia-Pacific Evaluation Association (APEA) and Dr. Siriporn Wajjwalku, Associate Professor, Thammasat University, Thailand. Active discussions on agendas including methodologies, issues on ODA evaluation and common global issues of the SDGs era are expected.
4. This Workshop aims to bring a platform to discuss methodologies and issues regarding ODA evaluation, as well as deepen understanding and build knowledge on evaluation for countries in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Agenda 1: Evaluation of SDGs and the National Development Policy
- Agenda 2: Evaluation Challenges of Each Country
- Agenda 3: Method of Project Evaluation: Case Study of Infrastructure Projects
- Agenda 4: DAC Evaluation Norms and Criteria as Tools for Improving Evaluation Quality and Systems