Prime Minister of India to Visit Japan
October 28, 2016
1. H.E. Mr. Narendra Modi, Prime Minister of India, will pay an Official Visit to Japan from Thursday, 10 November to Saturday, 12 November 2016.
2. During his stay in Japan, the Prime Minister will be received in audience by His Majesty the Emperor of Japan. Mr. Shinzo Abe, Prime Minister of Japan, will also hold a meeting with the Prime Minister and host a dinner in his honor.
3. The Government of Japan sincerely welcomes the visit of the Prime Minister and hopes the visit will further strengthen the friendly relations between Japan and India.
(1) This will be H.E. Mr. Narendra Modi’s Second visit to Japan as the Prime Minister.
(2) Prime Minister Modi and Prime Minister Abe held a meeting on seven occasions in the past such as Mr. Abe’s visit to India in December 2015, the Nuclear Security Summit in April 2016, and the ASEAN-related-Summit Meeting in September 2016.