The JAPAN HOUSE is an overseas hub established by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan to showcase and communicate Japan with the international community in 3 cities of the world as part of efforts to strengthen strategic global communication. Its purpose is to communicate the various attractions, policies, and efforts of Japan to a wide range of people including people who know very little about Japan, and to enlarge the base of the people who are interested and well-versed in Japan.
- Features of the JAPAN HOUSE
- Provides "one-stop service" where people can access various information on Japan.
- Provides commercial spaces such as restaurants, cafes, shops, etc., which help to transmit information in all-Japan bases by proactively utilizing the commercial vibrancy and regional attractions.
- Transmits information in a way to attract the compassion of the local people by utilizing the knowledge of experts.
(c) JAPAN HOUSE Sao Paulo / Rogerio Cassimiro
(c) JAPAN HOUSE Los Angeles
(c) JAPAN HOUSE London / Lee Mawdsley-highres
Related information on each hub
(1) Sao Paulo
- Dr. KISHI, Science and Technology Advisor to the Minister for Foreign Affairs, visits Argentina and Brazil（April 18, 2019）
- Policy Speech by Mr. Taro Kono, Minister for Foreign Affairs of Japan, in Japan House Sao Paulo (May 20, 2018)
- Opening Ceremony for Japan House São Paulo (April 30, 2017)
- Deputy Prime Minister Taro Aso and State Minister for Foreign Affairs Kentaro Sonoura to Attend the Opening Ceremony for Japan House São Paulo (April 27, 2017)
- Opening of Japan House São Paulo (April 7, 2017)
(2) Los Angels
- Foreign Minister Kono Visits United States of America (August 21-26, 2018)
- Grand Opening of Japan House Los Angeles (August 24, 2018)
- Grand Opening of Japan House Los Angeles (July 24, 2018)
- Parliamentary Vice-Minister for Foreign Affairs Iwao HORII attended the Japan House Los Angeles Soft Opening event (January 22, 2018)
- Japan House Los Angeles (Opening of the Second Floor Section) (November 29, 2017)
- Parliamentary Vice Minister for Foreign Affairs Suzuki to Visit the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Island and the Republic of France (February 28, 2019)
- Japan House London Grand Opening (September 13, 2018)
- Japan House London Grand Opening (August 31, 2018)
- Opening of Japan House London (June 25, 2018)
- Advisor to the Prime Minister Kentaro Sonoura to Attend the Opening Event of Japan House London (June 20, 2018)
- Visit of Parliamentary Vice-Minister for Foreign Affairs Kentaro Sonoura to the United Kingdom (September 10, 2015)