Foreign Missions in Japan
Certificate of Residential Address for members of the Foreign Missions
August 8, 2017
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs will begin to issue a “Certificate of Residential Address” for the members of the Foreign Missions in Japan upon request from 1 September 2017 under certain conditions.
1. The Contents of the Certificate
- diplomatic agents, consular officers, and international organizations representatives, as well as administrative, technical, and service staff who have been sent from the sending states
- their spouses
- name, current physical address and date of birth (photograph)
- name of mission, ID card number, purpose of use，signature，official seal of mission
- (Filled in by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs) date of certification (note) , certificate number, name of title, name of Assistant Chief of Protocol / Director of Protocol Office, an official seal (note) This Certificate is valid for 6 months from the date of certification.
2. The Procedure
- A member of the Missions, if he/she wishes to obtain this Certificate, is requested to fill out an application form and submit it to the Protocol Office of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. An applicant must attach supporting documents to prove his/her current physical address.
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs verifies information provided by the applicant and certifies that the statement on the form.
(note) No more than one certificate is to be issued, unless it is expired or any description item is changed.
3. Download format
4. Contact us
The Foreign Missions Desk of the Protocol Office, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Telephone : 03-5501-8042 (direct)