Women's Empowerment and Gender Equality
Dinner for World Assembly for Women: WAW! 2022 Hosted by Prime Minister Kishida (Result)
On December 2, commencing at 7:00 p.m. for approximately 100minutes, Mr. KISHIDA Fumio, Prime Minister of Japan, hosted a dinner at the Akasaka State Guest House for participants in World Assembly for Women: WAW! 2022. The summary of the dinner is as follows.
- Prime Minister Kishida stressed that the perspective of “gender mainstreaming” is indispensable for the promotion of “women's economic independence,” which is an important concept in the “New Form of Capitalism,” and for the realization of a society that respects personalities and diversity. Prime Minister Kishida also expressed his desire to make vigorous efforts to promote gender equality and women's empowerment in cooperation with the international community.
- Participants expressed their expectations for WAW! 2022, and a lively exchange of opinions took place among them, including those regarding efforts in women's issues in their respective countries and organizations. The dinner thus proceeded in a very cordial atmosphere.
［Reference] Major Participants in the Dinner (Keynote Speakers and Other Speakers (8 persons))
- (1) Gudni Thorlacius JOHANNESSON, President of the Republic of Iceland
- (2) Maia SANDU, President of the Republic of Moldova
- (3) Sima BAHOUS, Under-Secretary-General of the United Nations and Executive Director of UN Women
- (4) Batmunkh BATTSETSEG, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Mongolia
- (5) MASAGOS Zulkifli, Minister for Social and Family Development/ Second Minister for Health/ Minister-in-Charge of Muslim Affairs Republic of Singapore
- (6) Marija PEJČINOVIĆ BURIĆ, Secretary General of the Council of Europe
- (7) Aissata LAM, Director General, Investment Promotion Agency of Mauritania
- (8) Fatima GAILANI, Former President of the Afghan Red Crescent Society/ Chair of Afghan Future Thought Forum