Women's Empowerment and Gender Equality
5th WAW!/ W20 Registration for official side events for "Shine Weeks"
January 21, 2019
The Government of Japan and the committee of W20 Japan will host "5th WAW!/W20" in March23-24, 2019. Having many leading figures from all over the world in the Assembly, we will have lively discussions on various women's issues. On this occasion, we designate January 23, 2019 to May 24, 2019 as "Shine Weeks" and invite t events (any form) which suite the objectives of WAW!/W20 to be registered as official side events for Shine Weeks.
1. Official side events
The official side events should promote movements for Women' s Empowerment and be held during the "Shine Weeks" (January 23, 2019 to May 24, 2019).
Official events can use the 5th WAW!/W20 logo, and would be in any form of women-related events such as symposiums, seminars, movies, performance, cultural events, local food and tourism promotion.
Organizers and participants do not have to be all women! Men are greatly encouraged to join!
- [Note 1] Even if your event is not held during the period of "Shine Weeks", we may still consider it as an official side event for Shine Weeks. So, please contact us.
- [Note 2] Events which will NOT be registered as official side events for "Shine Weeks"
- Events for commercial purposes.
- Events organized by political, religious and similar groups.
- Events that offend public order and morals.
- Events deemed inappropriate in diplomatic terms.
Local governments, educational institutions, private companies and citizen groups etc.
Host organization bears all cost of events.
4. How to register
- Please submit the registration form (Excel) for the official side events between December 25, 2018 and May 10, 2019.
- Once your event is approved as the official side event, the official 5th WAW!/W20 logo will be provided to use for your registered event.
- Your event will be posted on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and on the "Shine Weeks" Facebook.
5. Support to 5th WAW!/W20
To make 5th WAW!/W20 more successful, we would like to ask organizers of official side events to promote 5th WAW!/W20 through following measures when possible.
- Introducing 5th WAW!/W20 on official side events' websites and pamphlets etc.
- Sharing and retweeting posts of 5th WAW! accounts and W20 accounts on your Facebook and Twitter
- Spreading information about participation in 5th WAW!/W20
Details are on the e-mail informing a registration of official side events.
6. Collaboration with 5th WAW!/W20 participants
If your event is held during the week of 5th WAW!/W20 (the week of March 23, 2019), participants of 5th WAW!/W20 may attend your event as guest speakers or panelists. Please contact us if you are interested in having participants of 5th WAW!/W20 in your event. (The list of participants of 5th WAW! will be posted on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in due course.)
Inquiries and registration
Gender Mainstreaming Division, Foreign Policy Bureau, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan
Address: 2-2-1 Kasumigaseki, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo
Postal Code: 100-8919
E-mail address: shine●mofa.go.jp (Please change ● to @)