Women's Empowerment and Gender Equality
World Assembly for Women: WAW! 2017
Call for official side events for “Shine Weeks“
The Government of Japan hosted "The World Assembly for Women: WAW! 2017" from November 1 (Wed) to November 2 (Thu). Having many leading figures from all over the world in the Assembly, we had lively discussions on various women's issues. On this occasion, we designated September 7, 2017 to January 31, 2018 as “Shine Weeks” and invited those who will be organizing women-related events (any form) which generate movements for “A Society where Women Shine” to register with us to have their events recognized as an official side event for Shine Weeks.
1. Official side events
The official side events should promote movements for “A Society Where Women Shine” and be held during the "Shine Weeks" (September 1 (Fri) to January31, 2018 (Mon) ).
Official events may use the WAW! logo, and may be in any form of women-related events such as symposiums, seminars, movies, performance, cultural events, local food and tourism promotion.
Organizers and participants do not have to be all women! Men are greatly encouraged to join!
[Note] Even if your event is not held during the period of “Shine Weeks”, we may still consider it as an official side event for Shine Weeks. So, please contact us.
Local governments, educational institutions, private companies and citizen groups etc.
Host organization bears all cost of events.
4. How to register
- Please submit the registration form (Excel) for the official side events by January 15, 2018 (Mon).
- Once your event is registered with us, the official WAW! 2017 logo will be provided for you to use in your event.
- Your event will be posted on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and on the “Shine Weeks” Facebook.
5. Collaboration with WAW! 2017 participants
If your event is held during the week of WAW! 2017 (the week of November 1), participants of WAW! 2017 may attend your event as guest speakers or panelists. Please contact the Secretariat if you are interested in having participants of WAW! 2017 in your event. (The list of participants of WAW! 2017 will be posted on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in due course.)
- (Note 1) The issues to be discussed at "World Assembly for Women: WAW! 2017" will include the economic benefits produced by working women, diverse ways of working, social development, and the difficulties shared by women throughout the world.
- (Note 2) Examples of events which will NOT be registered as official side events for “Shine Weeks“
- Events for commercial purposes, events which do not have public nature.
- Events organized by political groups, religious groups and similar groups.
- Events that offend public order and morals.
- Events deemed inappropriate in diplomatic terms.