Briefing session on the recent updates regarding TEPCO’s Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs hosted a briefing session with relevant ministries and gave explanations on the recent updates regarding TEPCO's Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station to the diplomatic missions on May 30th.
The issues that were covered in the session are listed below and the documents used in the session are available in the link enlisted under each item. As for the concrete information provided in the session, please refer to these documents.
- Groundwater Bypassing (METI)
- Request for Proposal for entities to implement with subsidies the “Verification of technologies for contaminated water management” (METI)
METI's Document 1 (PDF) METI's Document 2 (PDF) METI's Document 3 (PDF)
- Current status and recent topics of Fukushima Daiichi NPS((i) Fuel Removal from Unit 4, (ii) Small Scale Frozen Wall Successfully Produced, (iii) Unit 3 Water Leakage Location Identified, (iv) Status of Multi Nuclide Removal Facility (ALPS)) (TEPCO)
TEPCO's Document (PDF)
- Sea Area monitoring (NRA)
NRA's Document 1 (PDF) NRA's Document 2 (PDF) NRA's Document 3 (PDF)
- The safety of fishery products (Fisheries Agency)
Fisheries Agency's Document 1 (PDF) Fisheries Agency's Document 2 (PDF) (Note)
- Fisheries Agency's Document 2 (PDF) is updated from the document distributed in the session by reflecting necessary revisions in order to convey the content of the original (written in Japanese) more accurately.