Application Procedure Guide
4 Pre-application Checklist
June 24, 2020
Please be advised that the application desk of Certification section of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Tokyo headquarters) continues to be closed until further notice. Please apply and receive certificates both by post.
- 1 Are there any defects in your documents?
- □ Is the document an official document? If you attach a translation to an official document, it will be considered as a private document.
- □ Was it issued within three months?
- □ Don’t you touch up your document? Please make sure that you have not made any changes to the official document, such as additional notes or removal/refixing of staples etc.
- □ Does the document include the name of the issuing institution, date of issue and issuer?
- □ Does it include an official seal?
- □ Did you obtain a certification of seal by the director of the relevant (district) legal affairs bureau for a notarial documents prepared by a notary public?
- 2 Do you have all the required documents?
- □ Required documents (Application Procedure and Required Documents）
- 3 Have you applied for the correct number of documents required?
- □ Please verify the number of documents required with the destination agency. We do not accept applications for extra documents.