Application Procedure Guide
4 Pre-application Checklist
April 1, 2016
Before you make an application, please verify whether or not you need a certification by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and which of either the authentication or apostille is required.
- 1 Are there any defects in your documents?
- □ Is the document an official document? If you attach a translation to an official document, it will be considered as a private document.
- □ Was it issued within three months?
- □ Did you remove any staples?
- □ Does the document include the name of the issuing institution, date of issue and issuer?
- □ Does it include an official seal?
- □ Did you obtain a certification of seal by the director of the relevant (district) legal affairs bureau for a notarial documents prepared by a notary public?
- 2 Do you have all the required documents?
- □ Required documents (→ Application Procedure and Required Documents）
- 3 Have you applied for the correct number of documents required?
- □ Please verify the number of documents required with the destination agency. We do not accept applications for extra documents.