Application Procedure Guide
4 Pre-application Checklist
April 3, 2023
We accept applications by mail and at the counter. Please refer here for information on the operation of the counter.
- 1 Are there any defects in your documents?
- □ Is the document an official document? If you attach a translation to an official document, it will be considered as a private document.
- □ Was it issued within three months?
- □ Don’t you touch up your document? Please make sure that you have not made any changes to the official document, such as additional notes or removal/refixing of staples etc.
- □ Does the document include the name of the issuing institution, date of issue and issuer?
- □ Does it include an official seal?
- □ Did you obtain a certification of seal by the director of the relevant (district) legal affairs bureau for a notarial documents prepared by a notary public?
- 2 Do you have all the required documents?
- □ Required documents (Application Procedure and Required Documents）
- 3 Have you applied for the correct number of documents required?
- □ Please verify the number of documents required with the destination agency. We do not accept applications for extra documents.