About the 7th Tokyo International Conference on African Development (TICAD 7) Partner Project
(Extension of Application Period)
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs in cooperation with the co-hosts of TICAD 7 is inviting applications for "TICAD 7 Partner Project" to boost the spirit of the upcoming TICAD 7 conference on 28th to 30th August 2019. Projects that are in line with the purpose of TICAD 7 Partner Project will be able to use the TICAD 7 logo after receiving approval and would be listed on the TICAD 7 website.
For applicants who wishes to use the logo only without holding events (publications for instance), please refer to usage of the TICAD 7 logo.
1. Criteria for approval
- (1) The approval of TICAD 7 Partner Project will be given to events (seminars, exhibition etc.) that meet the conditions below.
- i. events promoting development of Africa
- ii. events that contributes to fostering relationship between Japan and Africa
- (2) Events that fall under the following category will not be permitted even if they meet the conditions described above.
- i. events that slander TICAD or make misunderstanding of TICAD
- ii. events that are mainly for the purpose of selling products and services, making profit
- iii. events that is in the interest of a certain political party or political organization
- iv. events that is in the interest of a certain religion, sect or religious group
- v. events that is related to activities or management of a gangster group
- vi. events that is for the purpose of promoting a certain individual's fame or organization
2. Procedure for approval
Fill in the application（Excel）, attach necessary documents and apply to the Embassy / Consulate-General of Japan located near your city by post, fax or e-mail. Please make sure that the application reaches the Embassy / Consulate-General 3 weeks before the event. The Embassy / Consulate-General will inform you whether the result of the application.
3. Application period
Application period will be until 2nd December 2019. The TICAD 7 Partner Project approval will be given to events that finish before 31st December 2019 in principle.
4. Posting on the TICAD 7 website
Events that are approved as TICAD 7 Partner Project will be posted on the TICAD 7 website.
- (1) The permission for using the logo does not mean that subsidies will be provided.
- (2) Documents submitted will not be sent back. Please make sure to make copies if needed.
- (3) Even if the event is approved as TICAD 7 Partner Project, the responsibility of of the project lies under the applicant. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and co-hosts of TICAD 7 will not take any responsibilities.
- (4) Please submit a report after the project.
- (5) If there is any changes in plan of the project, or in case the project is cancelled, please inform the Embassy / Consulate-General as soon as possible.
- (6) Even if permission is given, the usage of logo would be cancelled and goods using the logo should be recalled in case it is found that the application was fraud or the usage of logo does not meet the criteria.
- (7) The logo will be sent after approval for applicants that wishes to use the logo. The usage of the logo will be restricted for purpose that was declared upon application.
- (8) Please make sure the application reaches the Embassy / Consulate-General 3 weeks before the project.
- (9) Please do not edit the design of the logo. Please make sufficient space between the logo and words or other designs. Please make sure that the words written on the logo is readable in size.
6. Application documents
- Application for the TICAD 7 Partner Project（Excel）
- Project Plan（Word）
Note 1: brochures or other document could be submitted in place of the Project Plan.
Note 2: Additional documents may be required upon judgment of the application.
- Notification of change / cancelation on the TICAD partner project（Word）
- Report for TICAD 7 Partner Project（Word）