Announcement of logo of the 7th Tokyo International Conference on African Development (TICAD 7) and usage of the logo
August 22, 2019
The logo of the 7th Tokyo International Conference on African Development (TICAD 7) to be held from 28th to 30th August 2019 has been announced.
1. Meaning of the logo
The design of the logo is based on the previous TICAD V logo. The number "7" describes the direction towards sustainable economic growth in Africa and people working together for a bright future. "red" images the sun and people's unity, "green" images the beauty of nature and rich agriculture in Africa, and "yellow" images rich soil, hope and sustainable growth in harmony with nature.
2. Usage of the logo
The TICAD 7 logo will be used at official events by the Japanese government and co-hosts of TICAD (United Nations, United Nations Development Program (UNDP), World Bank and African Union Committee (AUC)). In addition, other partners such as governmental organizations, international organizations, local governments, diplomatic corps, private companies, NGO, civil societies are able to use the logo at projects that are within the criteria described below.
Criteria for using the logo
- (1) The logo could be used for projects that meet the conditions below.
- i. projects or publications for promoting development of Africa
- ii. projects or publications that contributes to fostering relationship between Japan and Africa
- (2) Projects and Publications that fall under the following category will not be permitted even if they meet the conditions listed above.
- i. projects or publications that slander TICAD or make misunderstanding of TICAD
- ii. projects or publications that are mainly for the purpose of selling products and services, making profit
- iii. projects or publications that is in the interest of a certain political party or political organization
- iv. projects or publications that is in the interest of a certain religion, sect or religious group
- v. projects or publications that is related to activities or management of a gangster group
- vi. projects or publications that is for the purpose of promoting a certain individual's fame or organization
3. Procedure for using the logo
Fill in the application（Word）, attach necessary documents and apply to the Embassy / Consulate-General of Japan located near your city by post, fax or e-mail. Please make sure that the application reaches the Embassy / Consulate-General 3 weeks before the usage of the logo. The Embassy / Consulate-General will inform you the result of the application. Please refer to TICAD 7 Partner Project if you wish to usage the logo for events.
4. Application period
Application period will be until 2nd December 2019. The logo approval will be given to events that finish before 31st December 2019 in principle.
- (1) The permission for using the logo does not mean that subsidies will be provided.
- (2) Documents submitted will not be sent back. Please make sure to make copies if needed.
- (3) Even if the usage of logo is permitted, the responsibility of using the logo and implementation of the project lies under the applicant. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and co-hosts will not take any responsibilities.
- (4) Please submit a report after using the logo.
- (5) If there is any changes for the purpose and on how to use the logo, or in case the project is cancelled, please inform the Embassy / Consulate-General as soon as possible.
- (6) Even if permission is given to use the logo, the usage of logo would be cancelled and goods using the logo should be recalled in case it is found that the application was fraud or the usage of logo does not meet the criteria.
- (7) The logo will be sent after approval for applicants that wishes to use the logo. The usage of the logo will be restricted for purpose that was declared upon application.
- (8) Please make sure the application reaches the Embassy / Consulate-General 3 weeks before using the logo.
- (9) Please do not edit the design of the logo. Please make space between logo and words or other designs. Please make sure that the words written on the logo is readable in size.
6. Application documents
- Application document for using the TICAD 7 logo（Word）
Note: Additional documents may be required upon judgment of the application.
- Notification of change / cancelation for using the logo（Word）