Event Endorsement Guidelines for "2020 The Year of Japan - Tonga Friendly Exchanges"
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan encourages proposals for a wide range of events to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of Japan and Tonga’s established Diplomatic Relations. Organizers of events endorsed by the Ministry will be authorized to use the official name "2020 The year of Japan-Tonga Friendly Exchanges" and its logo in all publicity materials including posters, pamphlets, websites, signboards, and banners.
The details are as follows:
- Events should take place in Japan or Tonga anytime from 1 January, 2020 to 31, December, 2020.
- Events should aim to promote and strengthen Japan-Tonga relations in various fields without any thought of profit.
- The aims and contents of proposed events should be clear and highly practical.
- Events must not be a platform for the promotion of organizer’s personal principles, ideologies or religious views. They should not violate public order or standards of decency.
- Costs must be fully borne by the organizers.
II Privileges for authorized Events
- For authorized events, the organizers will be allowed to use the title of "2020 The Year of Japan -Tonga Friendly Exchanges,” and its official logo in all printed materials-poster, brochure, web-site, billboard, banner, etc. for the 50th anniversary.
- The outline of the authorized events will be registered in a list of commemorative events for the 50th anniversary of Japan and Tonga’s established Diplomatic Relations. This list will be published on the web-site of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan or Embassy of Japan in Tonga.
III Application process
- All necessary documents listed below must be submitted 1 month prior to the planned event's date. Please refer to IV for locations for submissions.
- Application Form and Pledge (application_form: Word ，PDF ) (pledge_form: Word ，PDF ) (pledge logo_form: Word ，PDF ）
- Details of the event (outline/description of the event)
- Information on the organizer (outline/description and statute of the organization, past activities)
- Income and expenditure Budget for the event
IV Locations for submissions
For applicants residing in Japan, the application should be submitted to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan, and for applicants residing abroad, the application should be submitted to the Embassy of Japan in Tonga.
For applicants in Japan
Asian and Oceanian Affairs Bureau
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
2-2-1 Kasumigaseki, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 100-8919
For applicants residing abroad
Embassy of Japan in Tonga
Level 5, National Reserve Bank of Tonga Building,
Fasi-moe-Afi, Salote Road, Nuku'alofa, Kingdom of Tonga (P.O.Box 330)
- All submitted documents will not be returned, so we recommend that you keep a copy for your own reference.
- Any inquiries regarding the screening process will not be responded to.
- The involvement of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan and the Embassy of Japan in Tonga is limited to the processing of applications and provision of authorization. All responsibilities related to the implementation of an event will be carried out by the organizer.
- After an event’s completion, a report on the contents and the results of the event should be submitted to either the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan or the Embassy of Japan in Tonga.
- The authorization can be rescinded in case an authorized event is cancelled or on the basis that a substantive change occur, which does not comply with the criteria for endorsement. If the aforementioned situation occurs, the organizer must report it to the Ministry or the Embassy as soon as possible.
- Please fill in the application documents in Japanese, English or Tongan only.