Call for Designs Mekong-Japan Exchange Year 2019 Logo
August 6, 2018
We are inviting submissions from the public for a design competition, creating a logo to represent the friendship between Mekong Countries and Japan in order to make more people become familiar with "Mekong-Japan Exchange Year 2019" . We look forward to your applications. The details of this competition are as follows:
The logo should represent the friendship between Japan and the Mekong Region with a design easily used in publicity materials. In addition, "Mekong-Japan Exchange Year 2019" must be incorporated into the logo.
Either of the following conditions must be met:
- Applicants possess either Japanese citizenship or citizenship of any Mekong Region Country
- Applicants currently reside in Japan or any Mekong Region Country.
(2) Submission deadline
10 September 2018
(3) Screening Method:
The submitted logo designs will be screened by Japan and Mekong Countries and only one final design will be selected
(4) Announcement of the Selected Logo:
The applicant of the selected logo will be notified of the result, which will also be made public on the website.
How to submit your design and points to note
- Application is only accepted by email.
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email title: "Mekong-Japan Exchange Year 2019 Logo Competition"
- Each applicant is allowed to submit only one logo design.
- When applying, an Application Form must be attached with your name, sex, age, nationality, country of residence, occupation, telephone number, address, email address and the explanation of your logo design (within approximately 50 words in English).
- The image file format should be a JPEG file no larger than 3 MB and with a resolution of at least 300 dpi. It should fit on an A4 (letter) sized page when printed.
- Please submit both color and black-and-white versions of your design (no restrictions on number of colors).
- (1) Submitted logo designs must be uniquely designed for Mekong-Japan Exchange Year 2019, new, never published anywhere, and the applicant's own original work.
- (2) Submissions offensive to public sensibilities, in violation of laws or regulations, libelous, or infringing on copyrights or other rights of third parties will be disqualified. The selected design will be withdrawn from use if it is later found to violate any of these conditions.
- (3) All rights with respect to the copyright of the selected logo will belong to Japan's Ministry of Foreign Affairs; however, as long as it is used according to the purposes of Mekong-Japan Exchange Year 2019, governments of Mekong Region Countries are, in principle, free to use the logo. With respect to use by those other than governments, the logo will be distributed to those approved by the secretariat of Mekong-Japan Exchange Year 2019 or Mekong Region Countries for their use. In principle, the selected logo design will not bemodified other than by adjusting size and by converting to black-and-white format.
Mekong-Japan Exchange Year Secretariat (First Southeast Asia Division, Southeast and Southwest Asian Affairs Department, Ministry of Foreign Affairs)
Address: 2-2-1, Kasumigaseki, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-8919