Countries & Regions
The Competition to create a logo for “the 30th Anniversary of Friendship between Japan and Brunei"
The application for the logo competition has ended. Thank you very much for many applications.
September 6, 2013
The year 2014 is the 30th anniversary of the diplomatic relations between Japan and Brunei. On this auspicious occasion, various commemorative events will be held in both countries to further strengthen the bilateral relations in such fields as economy, culture, arts, academics, sports, tourism and so on. In order to promote the 30th anniversary of the diplomatic relations between Japan and Brunei, ideas from the public for a logo are invited.
We look forward to your participation!
Please create a logo that describes the friendly relationship between Japan and Brunei. The logo also needs to be suitable for usage in advertisement/media.
No restriction on nationality, age, gender and occupation.
(Anyone can apply)
Deadline for submitting entries
October 31, 2013
Entries will be carefully considered both in Japan and Brunei, and one winner will be selected.
The result will be announced on the website of Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan and the Embassy of Japan in Brunei Darussalam.
- Please use paper: Vertical white A4-size
- Please submit two versions (color, black-and-white). No limit of color gradation.
- Image format: Only JPEG, GIF, Illustrator and Photoshop are acceptable. (Note) We may request to change the image format.
- There is no limit on the number of entries. However, entrants must submit one entry form per entry.
- Entries will not be returned.
How to apply
Please send E-mail to;
For applicants who live in Japan
For applicants who live outside of Japan
Title of Email
“Entry for the contest to create logo for “the 30th anniversary of friendship between Japan and Brunei "
Provide the following information.
1. Name, Gender, Age, Nationality, Occupation, E-mail address, Telephone number, Facsimile, Postal address.
(Note) Personal information such as the names and occupations of the winner will be open to the public.
2. Explanation of the meaning of the logo design and catchphrase in about 40 words.
(Note) The explanation of the winner will be open to the public.
The original data of the logo must be attached to the e-mail
(Note) The data size should be under 500 kilobytes if sent by e-mail.
- The work must be unpublished and made by yourself exclusively for this contest of “the 30th anniversary of friendship between Japan and Brunei”.
- The work which contravenes public order and other laws and regulations including defamation and copyright infringement of third parties will be excluded from the contest.
- All rights of adopted work will be the property of the Embassy of Japan in Brunei. Use of adopted work, official logo for the anniversary year will be decided by the Embassy of Japan in Brunei and Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade of Brunei. Processing of the work will be restricted to size adjustment.
Second Southeast Asia Division
Southeast and Southwest Asian Affairs Department
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan
Information and Culture Section, the Embassy of Japan in Brunei