Summary of the Second Round of Negotiations for
the Japan-Mongolia Economic Partnership Agreement (EPA)
December 14, 2012
- The Second Round of the Negotiations for the Japan-Mongolia Economic Partnership Agreement (EPA) was held from Tuesday, December 11 to Friday, December 14, 2012 at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Tokyo, Japan.
- The Japanese delegation was led by Mr. Jun Yokota, Ambassador in charge of Economic Diplomacy, and the Mongolian delegation was led by Mr. Ochirbat Chuluunbat, Vice Minister for Economic Development of Mongolia. Experts from relevant ministries and agencies of both sides participated in the meetings.
- At the Opening Plenary for the Second Round of Negotiations held on Tuesday, the Chief Delegates shared their views on how to move the negotiation process forward.
- In expert-level meetings held after the Opening Plenary, negotiators of both sides had intensive and constructive discussions in each area including Trade in Goods, Trade in Services, Rules of Origin, Customs Procedures, Investment, Intellectual Property, Competition, Cooperation, Technical Barriers to Trade, Sanitary and Phytosanitary Measures, Government Procurement and Improvement of Business Environment.
- The next round of negotiations will be held in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia. The details of the schedule will be arranged through diplomatic channels.
Back to Index