WBG: Expansion of primary education opportunities through EFA FTI (*)
- Yokohama Action Plan
- Support construction and rehabilitation of school buildings and related infrastructure.
Provide assistance to train and ratain primary and secondary school teachers and support the establishment and expansion of teacher training systems and organizations.
- Proposed Measures by Japan/Implementing Partners
- ● Support to Fast Track Initiative Catalytic Fund
- Potential Resources, Possible Contributions
- WBG: expansion of primary education opportunities through the Education for All Fast Track Initiative or EFA FTI (*)
- Related Links
- EC: Countribute € 22 million to the Catalytic Fund
(*)A global partnership of over 30 bilateral agencies working with developing countries to advance progress toward the goal of universal completion of quality primary education by 2015.
Current Status of Implementation 2009
- (i) New grants of $306.5 million were made to 9 African countries and replenishment campaign was launched for the next phase of EFA-FTI catalytic fund.
(ii) 20 African countries have benefited from EFA-FTI, and 80 percent of total FTI funding has been programmed to Africa.
- More information
Current Status of Implementation 2008
- 20 African countries and other low-income African countries
- (i) Pledges to FTI’s main trust fund (the Catalytic Fund) reached $1.4 billion to date by contribution from 18 donor countries, of which approximately $ 950 million were allocated to the 18 African countries whose education sector plans have been endorsed.
(ii) FTI was to help in time all 33 low-income African countries which would present credible plans for endorsement and subsequent grant funding by the EFA FTI donor partners.
- More information
- Almost $1.4 billion (contributions to the Trust Fund from donors including Japan)
Back to Index