G7 Foreign Ministers’ Meeting
(Overview of the “Dialogue with Ukraine” Outreach Session)
November 8, 2023
On November 8, commencing at 3:20 p.m., Ms. KAMIKAWA Yoko, Minister for Foreign Affairs of Japan, hosted the “Dialogue with Ukraine” outreach session, for approximately 45 minutes. The overview of the session is as follows.
- At the outset of the session, Minister Kamikawa expressed her sincere respect for the courage and patience of the people in Ukraine for about a year and nine months since the beginning of Russia’s aggression, in which people have been united to fight against Russia's aggression. Following this, Minister Kamikawa, as the chair, told Minister Kuleba about the points(Note) on which the G7 Foreign Ministers agreed at the “Ukraine” Session in the morning .
- Ukrainian Foreign Minister Kuleba thanked Japan, this year's G7 Presidency, for the invitation to the G7 Foreign Ministers' Meeting, followed by the one in February, and expressed his hope for continued cooperation with the G7.
- Furthermore, regarding assistance to Ukraine including winterization assistance, Minister Kamikawa explained that Japan provided 2 autotransformers which benefit many citizens in Kyiv this September.
- (Note) The points on which the G7 Foreign Ministers agreed
- (1) To remain united in its attitude to impose sever sanctions against Russia and provide strong support for Ukraine, even in today’s international situation.
- (2) To accelerate efforts for mid- to long-term recovery and reconstruction in the unity of public and private sector.
- (3) The need to advance the process of Peace Formula together with international partners.