Relaxation of Visa Requirements for Nationals of the Republic of the Philippines
1. Based on the "Tourism Vision Realization Program 2018" (Action Program for Realization of Tourism Vision 2018), in order to promote people-to-people exchanges between Japan and the Republic of the Philippines, the relaxation of visa requirements for short-term stay for nationals of the Philippines was decided and will come into effect on August 1, 2018.
2. The specific measures to be taken are as follows:
(1) The scope of applicants eligible for multiple entry visas for short-term stay with business purposes and for cultural and intellectual figures will be expanded.
(2) The validity period of the visas will be extended from 5 years to 10 years maximum.
3. The abovementioned relaxation of visa requirements is expected to contribute to improvement of convenience for tourists and increase in repeat visitors as well as further advancement of people-to-people exchanges between Japan and the Republic of the Philippines.
(Note) More details including outline of application procedures for multiple entry visa will be announced later on the website of Ministry of Foreign Affairs.