OECD Southeast Asia Regional Programme Ministerial Conference
March 5, 2018
1. On March 8 to 9, the OECD Southeast Asia Regional Programme Ministerial Conference (PDF) will be held in Tokyo.
2. Mr. Taro Kono, Minister for Foreign Affairs and Mr. Kazuyuki Nakane, State Minister for Foreign Affairs are scheduled to participate and deliver a speech in the Ministerial Forum on March 8, if circumstances permit. The Forum will also be attended by representatives from ASEAN members and OECD countries, as well as representatives of OECD and other relevant international/regional organizations including Mr. Saleumxay Kommasith, Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Lao People's Democratic Republic, Mr. Dato Lim Jock Hoi, Secretary-General of ASEAN.
3. The Ministerial Forum we will discuss connectivity (e.g. promotion of trade and investment, development of quality infrastructure ) and inclusive participation (e.g. human resource empowerment in a globalized and digitalized society, gender, SMEs) in ASEAN.
4. On the evening of March 8, the hand-over ceremony of the SEARP co-chairs will be held during the reception under the patronage of Mr. Taro Kono, Minister for Foreign Affairs of Japan.
5. On March 9, the SEARP Steering Group Meeting will also be held.