Relaxation of Visa Requirements for Nationals of Azerbaijan
September 15, 2017
1. On September 14 (same day local time), Mr. Manabu Horii, Parliamentary Vice-Minister for Foreign Affairs, announced the relaxation of visa requirements for short-term stay for nationals of the Republic of Azerbaijan (ordinary passport holders), during his visit to Azerbaijan. These requirements will come into effect for applications submitted on or after December 1, 2017.
2. The specific measures to be taken are as follows:
(1) The scope of applicants eligible for multiple entry visas for short-term stay with business purposes and for cultural and intellectual figures will be expanded, and in addition, the validity period of the visas will be extended from 3 years to 5 years maximum.
(2) The letter of reference from guarantor will not be required for applicants of visas for short-term stay in case they are self-financing their travels to Japan.
3. The abovementioned relaxation of visa requirements is expected to further advance people-to-people exchanges with Azerbaijan, including improvement of convenience for tourists and business persons as well as an increase in the number of visitors to Japan.
(Note) Detailed information such as the specific application documents will be provided on the Ministry of Foreign Affairs website.