Visa Waiver Arrangement for Nationals of the United Arab Emirates based on Passport Registration System
The visa waiver arrangement for nationals of the United Arab Emirates (UAE), based on Passport Registration System will be commenced from July 1, 2017, as the Government of Japan has announced on April 24,2017. This measure is expected to further advance people-to-people exchanges between Japan and the UAE, consequently to promote Japan as a tourism-oriented country and support regional revitalization.
1. Eligibility for Visa Waiver
2. Outline of Visa Waiver
- Purpose of visit: Short-term stay (for sightseeing, business, or visit to relatives/friends, etc.)
- Duration of stay: 30 days
- Period of validity: 3 years from the date of registration or expiration date of the passport, whichever comes first.
- Application fee: Free
- Time required for Passport Registration: 2 working days in general
3. Application Procedures for Passport Registration
(1) An applicant (him/herself or his/her representative) shall submit his/her passport and a registration (PDF) form to the diplomatic missions of Japan.
(2) The diplomatic missions of Japan returns the passport attached with a seal of “Visa Waiver Registration” to the applicant on the next day in general.
(3) As long as an UAE national posses a passport with a seal of “Visa Waiver Registration”, he/she does not have to apply for a visa nor reapply for another passport registration during the above-mentioned validity if each stay is within 30 days.
(1) Unless visitors have completed the passport registration prior to depature to Japan, they will be refused to enter into Japan upon landing examination.
(2) Since the duration of stay is limited to 30 days, those who plan to stay in Japan more than 30 days or want to work in Japan need to obtain a visa in advance.
(3) If a visitor obtained a new passport or changed his/her name, he/she is required new registration.