President of the Argentine Republic to Visit Japan
1. H.E. Mr. Mauricio MACRI, President of the Argentine Republic, and his spouse, Ms. Juliana AWADA will pay an Official Visit to Japan from Thursday, May 18 to Saturday, May 20, 2017.
2. During their stay in Japan, the President and his spouse will make a State Call on their Majesties the Emperor and Empress of Japan. Mr. Shinzo Abe, Prime Minister of Japan, will hold a meeting with the President and host a dinner in his honor.
3. The Government of Japan sincerely welcomes the visit of the President and his spouse, and hopes the visit will further strengthen the friendly relations between Japan and the Argentine Republic.
(1) This will be H.E. Mr. Macri’s first visit to Japan as the President.
(2) In the past, President Macri and Prime Minister Abe held a meeting on the occasions of the Nuclear Security Summit meeting in April 2016 and Prime Minister Abe’s official visit to the Argentine Republic in November 2016.