Japan’s contribution to the Least Development Countries Fund (LDCF)
March 27, 2017
1. Japan made approximately 900.000 USD (equivalent to approximately 100 million yen) contribution to the Least Development Countries Fund (LDCF) on March 21.
2. The LDCF is a fund which focuses on adaptation which the needs of developoing countries has been increasing.
3. The Paris Agreement (PDF), which entered into force last Novermber, stipulates the importance of support on adaptation and of taking into consideration of the needs of developing countries, especially LDCs.
4. The G7 Ise-Shima leaders’ declaration (PDF) also reaffirms ensuring swift and successful implementation of the Paris Agreement and mobilizing climate finance to assist developing countries with respect to adaptation.
5. Japan continues to support developing countries’ climate change measures actively.