The Minister for Foreign Affairs and Trade of Ireland to Visit Japan
1. H.E. Mr. Charles Flanagan, T.D., Minister for Foreign Affairs and Trade of the Republic of Ireland, will make a working visit to Japan from February 26 to March 4 upon invitation by the Minister for Foreign Affairs.
2. During Minister Flanagan’s visit, Mr. Fumio Kishida, Minister for Foreign Affairs, is scheduled to hold a meeting with him over dinner and discuss such issues as bilateral relations, the situation in Europe including the UK’s exit from the EU, disarmament and non-proliferation, and regional affairs.
3. In this year which marks the 60th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between Japan and Ireland, Minister Flanagan’s visit to Japan, which follows Minister Kishida’s visit to Ireland in January, is expected to further strengthen the bilateral relationsbetween the two countries.
- Previous meetings: Minister Kishida and Minister Flanagan held their first meeting in January this year when Minister Kishida visited Ireland.
- Visits to Japan: This will be Minister Flanagan’s first visit to Japan.