President of the Republic of the Philippines to Visit Japan
October 11, 2016
1. His Excellency Mr. Rodrigo R. Duterte, President of the Republic of the Philippines will pay an Official Visit to Japan from Tuesday, October 25 to Thursday, October 27, 2016.
2. During his stay in Japan, the President will make a State Call on His Majesty the Emperor of Japan. Mr. Shinzo Abe, Prime Minister of Japan, will also hold a meeting with the President and host a dinner in his honor.
3. The Government of Japan sincerely welcomes the visit of the President and hopes the visit will further strengthen the friendly relations between Japan and the Republic of Philippines.
(1) This will be His Excellency Mr. Rodrigo R. Duterte’s first visit to Japan as President.
(2) President Duterte and Prime Minister Abe held a meeting on the occasions of the ASEAN-related- summit meeting in Laos this September.