Special Projects “Explore REAL JAPAN”
1. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan will implement a series of projects that promote Japanese Tourism and the charm of local food to the people of Seoul and Taipei in collaboration with the local governments including the affected areas of the Great East Japan Earthquake and those of other areas to wipe out unfounded rumors.
2. The projects include the following contents.
(1) Two travel bloggers from South Korea will visit Aomori Prefecture to see tourist attractions and to experience delicious local food from November 13 (Fri.) to November 15 (Sun.). The bloggers will then disseminate the latest information that they experience in Aomori Prefecture via their SNS.
(2) Also, Taiwanese bloggers and South Korea bloggers together with a major South Korea newspaper reporter will visit (from November 27 [Fri.] to November 29 [Sun.] and from December 4 [Fri.] to December 6 [Sun.], respectively) to Fukushima and Miyagi Prefectures, in order to visit tourist attractions, experience delicious local cuisine, and better understand that safety of the food is secured. The bloggers will dispatch information on the attractiveness of Fukushima and Miyagi Prefectures via SNS, and the newspaper reporter will also disseminate information by writing articles.
(3) The above invitees will then participate in the “Explore REAL JAPAN” events held in Seoul and Taipei in February 2016. They will communicate to the visitors what they actually experience in Tohoku, Japan, through panels and on stage.
3. Through these programs, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan will deliver accurate information related to food safety and enhance opportunities to alleviate or lift import restrictions. In addition as various attractions are now available in Japan, including Japan local tourist attractions and delicious Japanese food, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan will appeal such attractions and convey their latest trends through the program Japanese local tourist attractions, delicious Japanese food, and the latest trends, which you can experience now in Japan.