Telephone Talk between Japanese and Jordanian Foreign Ministers
February 5, 2015
On February 5th, from 5:15pm for approximately 15 minutes, Foreign Minister Fumio Kishida had a telephone talk with Mr. Nasser Judeh, Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan. The outline of the talk was as follows.
1. Foreign Minister Kishida made following points:
(1) I am infuriated to learn that Jordanian pilot Cpt. Muath al-Kaseasbeh has been ruthlessly burned to death by ISIL. On behalf of the Government and the people of Japan, I express my deepest sympathy and my sincere condolences to his family.
(2) Japan stands with Jordan during these difficult times. I would like to express Japan’s sincere solidarity with the Government of Jordan and the Jordanian people.
(3) We must never give in to terrorism. Japan, in collaboration with the international community including Jordan, will further expand our humanitarian assistance and steadfastly fulfill our responsibility in the international community combatting terrorism.
(4) I would like to continue to work together closely with Foreign Minister Judeh for further strengthening the relations of two countries and for the peace and stability of the region.
2. In response, Foreign Minister Judeh stated that he appreciated Japan’s effort including humanitarian assistance, and he would like to continue to work together closely with Foreign Minister Kishida for strengthening relations of two countries.