Substantial Relaxation of Visa Requirements for Nationals of Indonesia, the Philippines and Viet Nam
1. The schedule of the commencement of the application of the substantial relaxation of visa requirements for nationals of Indonesia, the Philippines and Viet Nam that was announced at a meeting of the Ministerial Council on the Promotion of Japan as a Tourism-Oriented Country on June 17 is as follows:
(1) From September 30 the substantial relaxation of multiple visas will commence for these three countries. Specifically, in addition to the relaxation of visa issuance requirements, the period of validity will be extended for up to five years. Additionally, for those applicants residing outside of their countries of origin, it will now become possible to apply at the diplomatic mission which has jurisdiction over their place of residence.
(2) Following this measure, in November, the application procedure for single tourism visas for participants of package tours that are handled by registered travel agencies will be simplified for these three countries.
(3) Additionally, visa exemptions based on a system of preregistering e-passports to diplomatic missions is scheduled to begin from December 1 for nationals of Indonesia.Application Procedures for Multiple Visa for Nationals of Indonesia, the Philippines, and Viet Nam (PDF)
2. These measures are expected to contribute Japan as a tourism-oriented country with the even higher goal of attracting 20 million foreign visitors, the growth strategy, as well as the promotion of people-to-people exchanges.
- Nationals of Philippines who wish to come to Japan for a short-term stay
- Persons other than nationals of China, Russia, the CIS Countries, or Georgia or the Philippines who wish to come to Japan for a short-term stay
- Guide to Japanese Visas
- Japan-Indonesia Relations
- Japan-Philippines Relations
- Japan-Viet Nam Relations