Fourth Round of Negotiations for Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP)
1. The fourth round of negotiations for Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) was held in Nanning, China, from March 31 to April 4.
2. In this round of negotiations, the meetings of the Trade Negotiating Committee, in which senior officials participated, and of working groups on Trade in Goods, Trade in Services, Investment, Economic and Technical Cooperation, Competition and Intellectual Property were held. From the Japanese side, Mr. Kazutoshi Aikawa, Deputy Director-General, Economic Affairs Bureau of Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and representatives from relevant ministries attended the meeting.
3. In this round of negotiations, the scope and method of negotiations, amongst others, were discussed.
4. It was decided that from the next round of negotiations, sub-working groups on Sanitary and Phytosanitary Measures, as well as on Standards, Technical Regulations and Conformity Assessment Procedures will be established.
5. The next round of negotiations will be held in Singapore from 23 to 27 June, 2014.