The 15th Japan International MANGA Award Winner Announcement
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs holds the Japan International MANGA Award in order to commend MANGA artists who have contributed to the promotion of MANGA culture overseas and international cultural exchanges through MANGA. This year marks its 15th anniversary and we have received 484 entries from 76 countries and regions, which replaced last year’s record-high number of entries.
- Following the selection process carried out in cooperation with the Association of MANGA Publishers and the selection committee of the Award led by Ms. SATONAKA Machiko (Manga artist), a total of 15 winners, including one Gold Award winner and three Silver Award winners were selected.
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs is going to hold the presentation ceremony of the 15th Japan International MANGA Award in Tokyo next February or March.
- (1) Gold Award
Title of Work: Days of sand
Artist: Aimee De Jongh (Netherlands)
- (2) Silver Award
Title of Work: Moonchosen
Artist: Nataliia Rerekina (Ukraine)
Original author: Gilbert Brissen(Ukraine)
Title of Work: CliniClowns：last goodbye
Artist: Cory (Taiwan)
Original author: Feng Shi (Taiwan)
Title of Work: Always never
Artist: Jordi Lafebre (Spain)
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs founded the Japan International MANGA Award in 2007 for the purpose of expanding international exchange and mutual understanding through world-famous MANGA culture.
This award aims to honor MANGA artists who contribute to the development of MANGA culture in the world.
There were 484 entries from 76 countries and regions this year, which was record-high number of entries. Countries and regions with most entries are China (1st: 88 entries), Taiwan (2nd: 49 entries), Thailand (3rd: 30 entries).
- Ms. SATONAKA Machiko, Manga artist [chairperson]
- Ms. AKAMATSU Ken, Manga artist
- Mr. OSHIMA Makoto, former Publisher
- Ms. NAGANO Noriko, Manga artist
- Mr. YOSHITOME Hiroyuki, former Publisher
- Mr. HAYASHI Yoshimasa, Minister for Foreign Affairs [chairman]
- Mr. UMEMOTO Kazuyoshi, President, Japan Foundation
- Ms. SHIRAISHI Saya, Professor emeritus, Tokyo University
- Mr. SUGIYAMA Kotaro, President, LIGHTPUBLICITY Co., Ltd.
- Mr. Frederik L. SCHODT, American translator, interpreter and writer
- Mr. YOKOTA Kiyoshi, Auditor, SHOGAKUKAN Co., Ltd.