Foreign Policy Q&A
January 1, 2006
"Foreign Policy Q&A" introduces the view of the Japanese government on a variety of topics concerning Japan's foreign policy.
- Q&A on the Issue of the Name "Sea of Japan" (March 18, 2003)
- Q&A on the Issue of the Name "Sea of Japan" (February 27, 2003)
- It has been reported that eight volunteer workers, including Japanese, who were providing humanitarian assistance in the Palestinian Autonomous Areas were taken into custody by the Israeli authorities. What is the stance of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs on this issue?
- What are the circumstances of the negotiations regarding the Northern Territories issue? How will the negotiations proceed in the future?
- Concerning the disappearance of a Japanese who were studying in Europe in 1983, it has been reported in the press that, "she may have been abducted by North Korea." What measures is the Government of Japan taking to resolve this issue?
- What were the objectives of the International Conference on Reconstruction Assistance to Afghanistan held on 21 to 22 January in Tokyo? Furthermore, Japan is to spend the substantial sum of 500 million dollars over two and a half years, why is such a large amount of assistance being provided to a country such as Afghanistan, which seems to have only weak links with Japan?
- What is Japan's position on the Missile Defence Plan?
- What is the policy of the Japanese Government on the issue known as "Comfort Women"?
- What is the stance of Japan on becoming a permanent member of the United Nations Security Council?