Official Development Assistance (ODA)
Key ODA Policies
March 22, 2021
Click here for materials on important policies (Quality Infrastructure).
G20 Principles for Quality Infrastructure Investment
- It is essential to promote quality infrastructure focusing not only on quantity but also on quality to realize ‘Quality Growth’ as the huge demand for infrastructure investment is expected for the development of the global economy.
- The “G20 Principles for Quality Infrastructure Investment” was endorsed at G20 Finance and Central Bank Meeting on June 8 and 9, 2019 as well as at the G20 Osaka Summit on June 28 and 29, 2019.
- Priorities are （1）openness, （2）transparency, （3）economic efficiency in view of life-cycle cost, and （4）debt sustainability, among other principles.
Japan’s Actions to promote quality infrastructure investment
Japan’s quality infrastructure investment (Project examples)
- （1）Delhi Mass Rapid Transport System Project in India
- （2）Nhat Tan Bridge (Vietnam-Japan Friendship Bridge) Construction Project in Vietnam
- （3）New Bohol Airport Construction and Sustainable Environment Protection Project in the Philippines
Disseminating the G20 principles
Reiterating the importance of quality infrastructure investment at bilateral and multilateral meetings
- Japan has been proactively advocating the importance of quality infrastructure investment at the following multilateral conferences.
- In addition, Japan promotes and disseminates quality infrastructure investment in accordance with international standards in bilateral meetings.