Opinion Poll on Japan
Opinion Poll on Japan in India
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan commissioned IPSOS Indonesia to conduct an opinion poll on the image of Japan in India from February to March 2018. The poll was carried out with 2,218 respondents aged 18 and above through face-to-face interview. The results of the poll are as follows.
- 92% (previous survey: 95%) of the respondents answered "very friendly" or "somewhat friendly" on how they viewed their country's relations with Japan. This result indicates that Japan establishes a positive image in India.
- 94% (previous survey: 94%) of the respondents answered "very reliable" or "somewhat reliable" on how they rate Japan as a reliable friend. This result indicates that Japan enjoys the confidence of majority people in India.
- 89% (previous survey: 94%) of the respondents answered that Japan has consistently followed the path of a peace-loving nation for the past 70 years since the end of World War II.
- 81% (previous survey: 89%) of the respondents answered "that Japan plays an important role in stabilization and growth of world economy. This result indicates that people in India appreciate Japan's contribution to world economy.
- 88% (previous survey: 91%) of the respondents answered "very valuable" or "somewhat valuable" on how they rate Japan's proactive contribution to the peace and stability for maintaining global peace and establishment of international order.
- 38% (previous survey: 46%) of the respondents chose Japan as the most reliable country (region) among G20 nations.