The Fourteenth Japan International MANGA Award: Application Deadline Extended to July 10, 2020
June 18, 2020
Applications for the Fourteenth Japan International MANGA Award are now closed.
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan will extend the application deadline of the Fourteenth Japan International MANGA Award.
- Entries will be accepted as follows:
- (1) From Monday, April 6th to Friday, July 10th 2020.
- (2) Entries need to be sent to Japanese diplomatic missions abroad (excluding permanent missions) or the P.O. Box of the Fourteenth Japan International MANGA Award.
- (3) Eligible MANGA works must be submitted in electronic form (PDF) or printed form
- (4) Guideline for Application(PDF)
- (5) Application Form(Word)
- The Japan International MANGA Award was established in May 2007 upon the initiative of then Minister for Foreign Affairs, Mr. ASO Taro, with the aim of awarding MANGA creators who contribute to the spread of MANGA culture overseas and international cultural exchanges through MANGA. The Award has been presented every year since then.
Among entries, the gold Award will be given to the best work and the Silver Awards to three other excellent works. The awardees will be invited to Japan by the Japan Foundation to attend the award ceremony. During their stay in Japan (generally for 10 days), they will also have the opportunity to exchange ideas with Japanese MANGA creators, visit publishing companies and make an excursion to local sites.
- Application Period:
- April 6th, 2020 – July 10th
- Award Announcement:
- November to December 2020 (TBD)
- Award Ceremony:
- February 2021 (TBD)